Dhe middle parting is no longer a sin of the 90s. Especially the Hollywood stars Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt have revived the style and made it socially acceptable for today’s generation of men. We will explain to you what defines a man’s hairstyle, how to style it correctly and how to care for it perfectly.
Characteristics of the center part and who can wear it
The classic center parting is characterized by the separate sections of hair in the middle of the head out. While hair used to be combed to the side with lots of gel and looked sticky or flat, today the focus is on a naturally casual look more volume and the hair no longer has to sit so accurately.
By the way, the middle parting is a hairstyle that suits both older men and boys. So she can age independent to be carried. Due to the slightly longer mane that is treated with care, it can appear a little vain on men at first glance. Here it is important that it fits your style.
How to style a center part: step-by-step instructions
If you want to style a center parting, you should medium or long hair so that the hairstyle falls loosely and looks natural. If the hair is too short, the hairstyle usually does not look good. That is most important anterior area of the hair, because this will give volume to your middle parting at the end.
- First you should wash your hair thoroughly.
- Next, lightly pat your hair dry. It is important that they are still wet but not dripping, because the natural-looking middle parting is formed while the hair is still wet.
- Now work some mousse into your still damp hair.
- Next you need a round brush and a hair dryer. Use the round brush to twist your hair in and brush it backwards or away from the middle of your head to the left and right side, creating the classic center parting. At the same time, blow dry your hair. The volume is created by slightly twisting the hair. However, it is important that you comb your hair loosely and do not pull too hard so as not to tear it out. You should also keep a little distance with the hair dryer so that your hair does not burn.
Tip: If you want to style the middle parting regularly with the help of a blow dryer, then you should use a heat protection spray so as not to damage the hair in the long run.
- You blow-dry your hair until it is dry and takes on the desired shape. If they don’t sit perfectly yet, you can work in a little wax.
Maintain center parting properly
The middle parting lives from his natural voluminous hair, which is why proper care is particularly important. Especially medium-length hair has a slightly higher demand than short hairstyles.
- Don’t use too many styling products: Wax, gel, foam and the like can damage the hair in the long term. Here it is important to give your hair a break from time to time and to have days when you do not use styling products.
- Use high-quality styling and care products: There are big differences, especially when it comes to hair products. It is worth investing a little more money and using products from professionals, because these usually contain significantly more active ingredients than the cheap versions from the supermarket. It is best to ask your hairdresser about this.
- Wash your hair regularly, but not too often: Shampoos dry out the hair and scalp, which can lead to dandruff and split ends. Here it is important to use a particularly mild shampoo and not to wash your hair every day. Of course, any styling residue should be removed from the hair.