Our hair is at the top of our daily care routines. Therefore, hair care is very important. If you have unhealthy hair that can reduce your energy and motivation, we strongly recommend you to read this inside. Your hair doesn’t just need care. After using the wrong shampoo or applying the wrong care, hair itchy skin may occur.
Although it may seem like a simple problem, it can actually become one of the biggest reasons for your distraction during the day. In order not to have a focusing problem, you should know who applies the right care to your hair. Otherwise, you may experience not only itching on the scalp, but also the problem of dandruff and shedding in your hair. If you wish, we can examine the causes of scalp itching together.
What Causes Scalp Itch?
Scalp itching can occur for many reasons. You can find some of them in our list below. However, in order to be sure, if your scalp itching bothers the preacher to a high degree, you should definitely consult a dermatologist.
- Bran: The problem of dandruff, which is similar to seborrheic dermatitis, is seen as small small scalps on the entire scalp as well as seborrheic dermatitis. It is seen in shampoo used, wrong care and oily scalps. It is known to prevent dandruff with shampoos produced against dandruff and with proper care.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: It is a common skin disease that usually affects the scalp. It is seen as itching, rash and redness on the scalp. It can be seen on the nose, eyebrows and lip corners in oily skin types as well as on the scalp. Rashes that occur in certain parts of the scalp have a dandruff-like appearance as your scalp is scratched. As a treatment, it is usually removed with medicated shampoos and lotions on the advice of dermatologists.
- Head Lice: Head lice are contagious as everyone knows. Head lice that live on the scalp and feed on your blood can cause you trouble if they reproduce in your hair. To purify your scalp from lice, you can buy lice-killing drugs or lotions from pharmacies. Or you can eliminate the lice problem with cures made at home.
- Scabies: Scabies, which appears to be a dangerous disease, is a disease that cannot be seen with the naked eye but can only be seen with the help of a microscope. It is a disease that invades the human skin if it multiplies. Scabies make tunnels in the skin and live there.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis, a skin disease that can crack and bleed, is also seen on the scalp. It is a irritating disease that dries the skin and makes it very itchy. Your skin becomes flaky and causes a rash. The dermatologist will definitely recommend you a special shampoo and lotion.
- Dry Scalp: Although it seems like a simple problem, it is a problem that you should definitely see a doctor. If you scratch your itchy scalp, cracks may occur on your dry scalp. When bacteria enter through the cracks, it can cause infection. We can recommend you to wash your hair every other day in order to keep your hair moist.
- Hair Breaker: It is a condition that can infect your scalp and cause itching. It is contagious and is a type of fungus that can be easily transmitted. The treatment is recommended to use medication, shampoo and lotion under the control of a doctor.
- Folliculitis – Inflammation of Hair Root: It is observed when your hair follicles become irritated after bacterial or fungal infection. It can spread even in a small place and cause prolongation of the healing process. Treatment is medicated creams, shampoos or light therapy.
What Herbs Are Good For Itchy Scalp?
Our hair, which we do not neglect in our daily care routines, may sometimes encounter itching problems. scalp itching It can cause distraction during the day. Therefore, it is very important to be treated. We have made a detailed research for you and listed the plants that can be beneficial for your scalp. However, we should state as a footnote that you should definitely ask your doctor before using it. If you wish, we can move on to review the list we have made.
- Egg yolk
- Mint oil
- Olive oil
- Olive oil soap
- calendula oil
- Aloe vera
- chamomile juice
- Aloe Vera and chamomile mask
- coconut oil
- tea tree lotion
- Coconut and tea tree mask
- Mineral water
- Sulfur soap
- Lemon juice
- apple cider vinegar
- carbonate and water
- Leave of Daphne
- Sesame oil
- onion juice
- eucalyptus oil
- Argan oil
What is the Treatment of Itching on the Scalp?
If you have itching on your scalp, you may need to have it treated. Scalp itching can become a big problem in the future. First of all, you should consult your dermatologist and use medicated shampoos or lotions if necessary. However, if you are sure that it is a simple dandruff problem, you can use one of the vegetable oils we have given above. Of course, you should also not neglect to use an anti-dandruff shampoo.
We strongly recommend that you go through a doctor’s check first for the cause of itching. If you know the cause of itching on the scalp, we have given you a little information above by explaining which hair problems are the cause and how you should treat them. You can view it there if you wish.