EIt doesn’t matter whether it’s an actor like Jason Momoa, known as Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones, or model Brock O’Hurn, whose hair is also his trademark – long men’s hair is currently very trendy.
We show you the best hairstyleshow to grow long hair as a man and what to do with the Care definitely have to pay attention.
Long hairstyles for men: These are the top 11
Even if long hair requires a lot of attention, especially in terms of care, it has the advantage that it very changeable are. With a few simple steps, you can conjure up many different variations of the man bun from the long mane, for example.
If a long hairstyle is currently trendy, then it is the man bun. It is characterized by a knot, whereby there are many different possibilities. From the top knot, man bun undercut to the variant with strands hanging out, everything is possible.
If you want to learn more about the Man Bun and more types the men’s hairstyle would like to see, then it goes here for the detailed Man Bun items.
Loose long hair
If you want it particularly uncomplicated, leave your own long hair just down. This look is particularly casual and appears self-confident. But be careful: Open hair can sometimes be a little difficult to tame in everyday life – so it’s best to always have hair ties with you.
Natural curls look really great even with long hair and look exotic. Anyone who is not naturally curly should ask their trusted hairdresser for advice. One perm can namely also for the man an alternative be. Nowadays, the most important thing is that the artificial curls look natural. In addition, the perm is not a hairstyle for a few days either: from a true professional, it can last up to 3 months.
If you want to learn more about the hairstyle and how it’s done, you can find ours here detailed article on permanent waves.
With the ponytail, the hair just becomes with a gum held together without forming a knot like a man bun. This long hairstyle is simple, practical and protects the hair.
A slightly more offensive look is the so-called sleek style. Sleek means “smooth”. The hair is smoothed back or to the side with some gel or wax. The slightly wet impression of the hair is desired with this long hairstyle. It is particularly suitable for self-confident men who know what they are doing.
Long hair with parting
You can style the parting in many different ways. For example, there is the classic center parting or a slightly sideways variant in which the hair is not strictly divided.
You like it particularly unusual and are fans of nature? Then dreadlocks could be the right choice for you. Coupled with the right care and clothing, dreadlocks do not have to look unkempt, but can become your personal trademark.
Braided long hair
Braiding is also an easy way to transform long hair without a trip to the barber. With a little practice you can create many different styles. You probably know long braided hair from the successful Vikings series. Paired with a full beard or Duck tail beard the look is particularly masculine.
The hair of the Bro Flow is more defined as medium-length, but we still don’t want to withhold this hairstyle from you. she is the one perfect transition hairstyle, if your hair has not yet reached the desired length. The Bro Flow looks masculine, well-groomed and fits into everyday life and the office.
If you want to learn more about the cut, then go for it here for the Bro Flow article.
Grow long hair & care for it properly
In principle, any man with enough hair growth can grow his hair long. It has to be said here that the thickness of the hair also matters. If you have particularly thin hair, you will have significantly more problems afterwards.
If you want to grow your hair long, then you should have some important tips note:
- Regularly to the hairdresser: Even if you want to grow long hair, you have to go to the hairdresser regularly. The ends of long hair in particular tend to become dry, and in the worst case, the hair splits or splits, which is also called split ends. When this happens, the hair looks brittle, loses its shine and no longer looks beautiful. To prevent this and keep your hair healthy, you should have the ends trimmed every few weeks.
- Take your time: Hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. So you can imagine that the procedure takes a lot of time to the desired length. So don’t put yourself under pressure and get through the times when you don’t like your hair yet. It will be worth it, we promise you. In such cases, the Bro Flow is the perfect transitional hairstyle.
- Use quality care products: If you are only used to a classic short hairstyle, then this topic will be new territory for you. Long hair needs much more intensive care. Here it is important to use high-quality care products. We recommend you the products directly from the hairdresser. Even if these are significantly more expensive than from the drugstore, they have the advantage that they usually contain a much higher proportion of active ingredients.
- Hair conditioner: Conditioner (also called conditioner) is worked into the hair after washing. It moisturizes, cares for them and ensures that they stay healthy and shine beautifully. In addition, it prevents split ends.
- Blow-drying and drying the hair: A man with long hair also has to adapt when it comes to blow-drying and drying his hair. The procedure takes significantly more time and you should generally avoid excessive blow-drying. The hot air causes the hair to dry out and split ends are encouraged. It is best to let your hair air dry and only use the hair dryer in emergencies. However, you should not set it too hot and keep your distance from the hair.
- Use conditioner: In addition to everyday care, you should use a hair treatment once a month. This also ensures healthy hair and lets your long mane shine.
- Don’t wash your hair too often: Even if it is sometimes difficult, you should not wash your hair too often. The warm water and shampoo will dry out your hair and scalp. In addition, the natural sebum layer is removed, which also promotes dehydration. Ideally, you only wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week. A mild shampoo is also very important for this, so that the hair is not damaged too much. Basically, you should think a little more about choosing the right shampoo, because there are big differences here too. There are shampoos that are specially designed for dry, greasy or brittle hair. You should therefore adapt the choice to your individual hair and skin characteristics.
- The right comb: Long hair should be combed or brushed regularly. A wide-toothed comb is the right choice, especially after washing. The following applies to daily brushing: Don’t be too rough with the hair, because this not only pulls it out, but also damages the structure, which in turn makes it look brittle and broken. You should also take a closer look at the brush and choose a variant with natural bristles. These hurt the hair far less than plastic bristles.
- Use styling products sparingly: Styling products stick to the scalp and hair, which is why you should use hairspray, gel, wax, etc. sparingly. This can also damage the hair. In addition, it is important to always wash them out thoroughly and not to keep them in your hair any longer.