If you prefer to sleep under a comfortable duvet at night; heavy duvet You don’t know how beneficial it is to sleep with you. According to experts, sleeping with a heavy duvet helps reduce stress. Sleeping with a heavy duvet that creates light pressure, like swaddling a baby, reduces stress and improves your sleep quality.
What are the Benefits of Heavy Duvet?
You may be describing all quilts as the same. After all, they’re all white and soft. However, your sleep quality has a great relationship with what kind of duvet you sleep with. The weight of the duvet you sleep on can significantly affect your sleep. Alright What are the benefits of sleeping with a heavy duvet??
- According to researches heavy duvet sleep with It causes 30% more secretion of the hormone melatonin, known as the sleep hormone, compared to others.
- When you sleep with a heavy duvet, this duvet wraps you around and exerts gentle pressure on your body. This helps you fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night. With the pressure it applies, it allows your body to relax and calm down.
- Anxiety, sleep disorders or stress are affecting your sleep and quality of life; Sleeping under a heavy duvet is the solution to these problems.
- Heavy quilts, which have been used in the treatment process of children with developmental disorders for years, are an excellent therapy for individuals with ADHD, restless legs syndrome and autism. It has also been observed to reduce the symptoms that occur in these disorders.
- Heavy duvets, which should be at least 10% of your body weight, not only promise a quality sleep, but also increase the time you stay asleep.
- It helps you relax before a good sleep by slowing your heart rate.
Is a heavy quilt beneficial for those who have sleeping problems?
There are many factors such as stress and anxiety that cause sleep problems. Sleeping with a heavy duvet creates a hug-like effect on the brain and ensures that serotonin, the happiness hormone, is secreted more in the body. For this reason, you can reduce your anxiety and anxiety levels by sleeping under a heavy duvet. Sleeping with a heavy duvet puts gentle pressure on the body. With this pressure, it stimulates the nerves, releasing calming hormones in your body. Therefore, when people with sleep problems sleep with heavy quilts, these problems are reduced.
Does a Heavy Duvet Improve Sleep Quality?
Quality sleep is essential for a healthy life. If you have frequent sleep problems; Studies say that sleeping with a heavy duvet can be the solution to this problem. According to studies, sleeping with a heavy duvet minimizes physical stimulation. You can improve your sleep quality with less night movement by using heavy duvets at night. In addition, duvets help maintain our body temperature throughout the night. When you sleep with a heavy duvet, your body temperature remains constant. Your sleep is not interrupted by the heat change.
Who Is A Heavy Duvet Not Suitable For?
Sleeping with a heavy duvet is suitable for most adults and children if used correctly. However, its use may pose a risk for some groups. For example; Sleeping under heavy duvets for children under the age of 3 or under 50 kilograms can be risky for safety. In such a case, you should consult your pediatrician and use it under adult supervision. Again, for pregnant women and the elderly, sleeping with heavy duvets can cause health problems.
If you have a health concern and have health problems such as sleep apnea, respiratory distress; You should definitely consult your doctor before using heavy duvets. Children under the age of 1, those with asthma, those with low blood pressure, and people with claustrophobia are definitely not recommended to use heavy duvets.