Powder Brows This eyebrow trend conjures up beautiful and full brows
Full and thick eyebrows – a dream of many women. With Powder Brows, this wish becomes possible! You can find out what the eyebrow trend is all about here.
What are powder brows?
Eyebrows accentuate our eyes and give contour to our face. Unfortunately, we are not always blessed with full, thick brows: This can be due to plucking errors, deficiency symptoms, hormonal changes, illnesses, medication or hair roots damaged by cosmetics. But often we just want to accentuate our eyebrows a bit more. This is where the eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder comes in handy if you don’t necessarily want to undergo microblading. But there is another option for full brows that has been sparking a new eyebrow trend for a while: we are talking about the so-called powder brows.
Powder brows are one of the permanent make-up techniques. This is a permanent color application technique that conjures up even and dense eyebrows. A fine nano-needle (similar to a tattoo machine) is used to pierce the permanent make-up under the eyebrows. This does not create hard lines, but small dots that offer soft shades. The result: eyebrows that look as if they were powder been applied – hence the name Powder Brows. The treatment is offered in good beauty salons.
How long do powder brows last?
Powder brows can last up to two years. Some users even report a shelf life of up to three years. After a while, however, an after-treatment is often scheduled so that the color stays nice and fresh. Basically you have to consider that the durability of the powder brows depends on the regeneration speed and the condition of the skin. Especially with oily skin and young skin, the durability can be reduced.
Difference between powder brows and microblading
Both powder brows and microblading are permanent makeup techniques.
Differences in application:
- Both Powder Brows the color pigments are pierced into the skin with a needle to shading let develop. The treatment for powder brows is often experienced as less painful than microblading.
- At the microblading on the other hand, a blade (a kind of small scalpel) is used to scratch fine lines into the skin and fill them with paint. The small hairs are virtually traced during microblading, which is often experienced as painful. Depending on the condition of the skin, this technique can also remain visible for up to two years.
Differences in the result:
- In the result scores microblading with his naturalness: Bald spots are filled in – the brows look natural.
- Powder Brows on the other hand cause one stronger contrast (especially for light skin types). You see They see much more expressive and look as if the eyebrows have been finished with makeup. Over time, however, they become a little gentler in intensity.
- Summary:While microblading tries to imitate the natural hairs, the brows are strongly intensified with powder brows.It all depends on what effect you want to achieve!
Tip: Some cosmetic studios also offer combined methods of both techniques in order to get full brows with a combination of hair drawing and shading.
What should be considered with powder brows?
- Some people may have an allergic reaction to the colors used. Your cosmetic studio should inform you about this beforehand. If you have concerns, an allergy test is recommended before treatment.
- In addition, your studio should advise you in detail on the shape and color of the eyebrows.
Cost of powder brows
The prices for the Powder Prows are depending on the beauty salon. Prices between 300 and 600 euros are normal (the same applies to microblading). Inquire whether the price already includes a follow-up treatment.
Reading tip: Here you will also find out how you can thicken your eyebrows naturally, what fluffy brows and soap brows are all about.