Eyelash lift kit
This is how lash lifting works at home
An eyelash lifting set promises long, curved eyelashes for the perfect look. Can you do an eyelash lift yourself? And how long does a lash lift with the at-home set last? You can find all the answers here.
What is an eyelash lift?
Eyelash lifting is a cosmetic treatment that promises more curl for your own eyelashes over the long term. Your natural lashes will curl up. A special liquid ensures that the lashes stay in place for a few weeks. The lash lift is not to be confused with eyelash extensionswhich uses false eyelashes.
What is the difference between eyelash curling and eyelash lifting?
There is a difference between eyelash lifting and eyelash curling. With the latter, the lashes are wrapped around a roll, while the natural lashes are bent upwards directly at the base during an eyelash lift. That’s why they work Eyelashes are optically longer with eyelash lifting than with eyelash perms. There are now even eyelash lifting sets that you can buy that bring the beauty salon straight to your home.
How long does an eyelash lift last?
An eyelash lift lasts up to eight weeks. There is hardly any difference in durability between an eyelash lifting set and a visit to the beauty salon.
Eyelash lifting set: what should be considered when using it?
Have you decided on an at-home eyelash lifting kit? Then there are a few tips you should keep in mind. Make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients in the products used. You can test this on inconspicuous areas of skin or take a look at the list of ingredients. It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with how to use it in advance. In the best case, get a friend to help you with the treatment at home.
What must a good eyelash lifting set contain?
If you want to buy an eyelash lift kit, you should pay attention to what is included in the lift kit. There are often special starter kits that include all the necessary utensils. Here you can read what the eyelash lifting kit should contain:
- eyelash glue
- perm solution
- cleaning supplies
- silicone cushion
- modeling brush
Eyelash Lift Kits Compared: Which is Best?
If you decide on an eyelash lifting kit, you will quickly realize that there are countless eyelash lifting kits for at home. But which is the best set? There is no general answer to this, since our eyelashes are as individual as we humans are. Yet there is three eyelash lifting setswhich performed positively with the majority of the testers – and of course we don’t want to withhold them from you.
Iconsign Eyelash Lift Kit
The Iconsign eyelash lift kit is one of the most popular kits – and rightly so. It contains everything that is needed for an eyelash lift and offers silicone pads in five different sizes. The kit is also suitable for an eyebrow lift. The manufacturer of the eyelash lifting set promises about twelve to 15 applications.
The Gleebee lash lift kit is our secret favourite. This kit also contains everything you need for home use. The individual products are numbered here so that nothing gets mixed up during use. The eyelash lifting set also contains a vitamin lotion that nourishes our eyelashes. And: The glue is purely vegetable.
The manufacturer of the Scdom eyelash lifting kit promises up to 15 applications with a single kit. All important utensils are also included here – including silicone cushions in five different sizes. The highlight: the keratin contained in the products cares for the eyelashes.
Eyelash lifting set: what size silicone pad?
If you buy the eyelash lifting set, you will quickly notice that there are size differences in the silicone pads. They ensure that your eyelashes take on the desired shape. When choosing the silicone cushion, the length of your eyelashes is particularly important. If your lashes are too long, they curl upwards. Larger silicone pads are therefore suitable for long eyelashes, while smaller silicone pads are better suited for short eyelashes.
Eyelash lift kit: step-by-step instructions to do at home
Before you get started – not all lash lift kits are created equal. Our instructions may therefore differ from those of your set. Before you get started, be sure to read the product’s instructions for use.
- Cleaning: First of all, you should remove makeup from your eyes. In addition, your eyelashes must be oil-free for the products to be effective.
- silicone pad: The silicone cushion largely determines the shape and curl of your eyelashes. Choosing the right size is therefore important. The eye pillow is then placed on the upper eyelid directly at the lash line. You should then press all the hairs from the base to the tip against the silicone pad. You can also use a cotton swab to do this. With the eyelash glue you fix the hairs on the eye pillow. For optimal hold, you can let it dry for a minute.
- Perm solution: When the glue has dried, the perm solution is used. Use the modeling brush to apply this to the lashes from root to tip. Then cover the eyelashes with some cling film and leave it on for ten to twelve minutes. Then remove the permanent wave lotion from the eyelashes using a cotton swab.
- fixation: Now it’s the turn of the fixative. This is exactly what you did in the previous step. But note the shortened exposure time of about eight to ten minutes. Then remove the fixation from the hairs with a cotton swab.
- Care: Subsequent care is very important. But there is not always a care lotion in the eyelash care set. You should pay attention to that. A lash lift is a chemical treatment that attacks your lashes. You apply the lotion just like fixation and permanent wave solution. Let the care work in for a short time and then remove it from the eyelashes.
- Detaching eyelashes from the silicone cushion: In the very last step, the eyelashes are gently removed from the eye pillow. Here you can Eyelash Roller Remover take help.
Is it possible to dye eyelashes after lifting?
After the eyelash lift, you can color your eyelashes. It’s actually very popular. The resulting dark hairs optically intensify the swing of the eyelashes and ensure a perfect result. With that, mascara and eyelash curlers are finally history. To increase the effect, you can also use a eyelash serum use. Within a very short time, your eyelashes will become significantly longer and ensure a beautiful look.
Does an eyelash lifting set destroy your own eyelashes?
As a rule, the eyelash lifting set does not damage the eyelashes – as long as you pay attention to a few things. So that the hairs are not affected regular rest periods recommended between each application. It is advisable to take a break of about two months between the liftings. If you like, you can give your eyelashes an extra portion of care with the help of castor oil.
Eyelash lifting: beauty salon or home use?
Basically, nothing speaks against the home application of an eyelash lift. However, the eyelash lifting set for at home is associated with effort. You should definitely familiarize yourself with the application and the possible dangers beforehand. You also need a steady hand and patience. Ideally, you should also get a friend to help you. Eyelash lifting by professionals, on the other hand, is more relaxed but more expensive. You should reckon with 40-60 euros.
Sources used: perfect-schminken.de, eyelash extension.org